Business Transformation Consultant
1 Fee: by negotiation – with an expected time commitment of on average three days per week for nine months (March to November), including some evening and weekend work.
2 Reports to: Consultant reports to the Chair of the Board of Trustees of YCA Cadwgan BPT.
3 Overview: We are looking for a dynamic individual who should ideally have a range of experience across HR, Operations, Finance, Monitoring and Evaluation, and implementation of Strategic/Business plan.
4 Consultant’s scope of work:
The key requirement is for someone who can engage effectively with the Board of Trustees and staff during a period of considerable change at Cardigan Castle. Following the completion of the Business Plan in January 2017 there is a need to deliver a number of short term actions and to provide strategic direction and capacity to the staff and the Board.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Work with the Board and staff to create an operational plan for the organisation, with a view to recruit a new Castle Director;
• Review the action plan from January 2017 Business plan (created following a consultant led review in 2016) and implement the recommended actions;
• Review current staffing and advise on future staffing structure;
• Advise on grant opportunities for core and project funding and prepare applications as appropriate;
• Identify and oversee external advice requirements in agreement with Trustees;
• Review existing revenue streams, monitor activity, advise on and implement revised systems, and report as required;
• Appraise the market, ensure that opportunities for income generation are maximised whilst maintaining effective operational cost control;
• Prepare a revised operating budget for 2018/19.
If you would like to tender for this opportunity, please submit the following via email to [email protected]:
• Your CV;
• A statement outlining how your experience as detailed in the CV relates to the requirements of the role;
• Professional references from at least two previous clients for whom you have worked within the last three years.
A short list of candidates will be prepared who will then be invited to Cardigan Castle to review the Business Plan and other documents that pertain to the project, with a view to enabling them to make a more detailed presentation as part of an interview.
Candidates will be asked to submit a method statement, outlining their understanding of the brief and an outline plan and timetable for completing the work along with a cost breakdown.
We are looking for a Business Consultant to assist Cardigan Castle for 6 months implementing the first stage of our business plan.
The experienced individual must have proven business management skills to guide us through a period of change, providing strategic direction, and implementing the first stage of our Business Plan.
The Individual is required to start by May 1st 2017 working three days a week and assisting with the recruitment of a full time Castle Director
Details can be found at www.cardigancastle.com
Send your proposal with full details of your experience to: Sue Edwards, Cardigan Castle, Green Street, Cardigan Ceredigion SA43 1JA / [email protected] Closing date April 7th 2017.